Check out Raul’s liveblog of last night’s Sessions Planning Committee meeting.
Next meeting Thursday March 26th at 5:30 pm, and every second Thursday after that. Business Objects office, 910 Mainland Street. Sign up on the Google Group page.
Break into groups and determine the vision/big picture for VanChangeCamp.
– What would a VanChangeCamp poster look like?
– Questions to Address: –
1.a How does government become more responsive and accountable (transparency, budget, consultation, making data available)?
1.b How can citizens organize to get better outcomes themselves,
2.a Exploring: discussing the ideas that lead to change – i.e. politics as philanthropy, sustainability, creating an inclusive beacon/connecting the silos, etc. etc.
2.b Experimenting: building the solutions or tools that lead to change – i.e. community-based websites (Fix My Street), online advocacy campaigns etc. etc.
3.a Who are the Stakeholders
3.b How do we attract them? (Gatekeepers, decision-makers, technologists)
Also, people with influence at the ground level (community workers, social workers, aid workers…)
*We also want to make sure to be representative of different ethnocultural communities and women.
4. Can we confirm and explore how technology/social media plays a role?
5 . How do we create an inclusive beacon that attracts problem-solvers, geeks, activists, government ppl, community workers, __ ?
– Report Back & Discuss –
Event’s structure and shape:
(if time & consensus permits) What will the event look like?
— Questions to Address: –
1. How do we balance participant driven sessions with perhaps more structured sessions?
2. What are some other ways to weave participant driven creation through the theme/big-picture of the actual event?
3. What are thoughts on opening remarks (i.e. – keynote)?
4. How can we learn from Toronto’s ChangeCamp – including ChangeLabs.
5. What are the best dates? (One day, two day?)
Who’s on board to help contribute, explore and identify roles.
Suggestions & Ideas: